Friday, December 08, 2006

Fantasy Football: Willie Parker, thanks for nothing

I'd like to give a shout out to Willie Parker for exploding for 233 yards and a TDlast night. Only I could have used that the prior 13 weeks of the season when you were just average - thanks for blowing up the week the playoffs start and I'm not in them.

This is the sort of thing that you absolutely have to look at heading into next year. People so often in fantasy football want to look at what a guy does over 16 games, but the reality is that you need your guys to produce for the first 8-10 in order to have the 14th, 15th, 16th games even matter.

Take Chris Chambers last year....doesn't do shit for 10 weeks then becomes the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice for the last 6 weeks. Vaults himself into the first 3 rounds of most fantasy drafts - and sucks a fat dick for the entire year (Yeah I have him too, so what?). I hate 2nd half superstars. Step up when your fantasy team needs it the most assholes.

No comments: