Tuesday, February 20, 2007

NBA All-star Game Altercations


Well here it is ladies and gentlemen....obviously this weekend's NBA All Star game in Las Vegas wasn't going to end without incident.


The Las Vegas Review Journal has the story of the various incidents that occurred on Sunday night/Monday morning.


The part I love the most? That Pac Man Jones may have been involved.

Here's what I remember most about Pac Man Jones and I'll honestly never forget it. There is a 100% chance that Pac Man Jones was watching the NFL Draft the year he came out of college from the VIP room of a club. Strip club, or night club....either one. And he had a spinning blinged out Pac Man symbol hanging around his neck. I specifically turned to my buddies who were watching the draft with me and commented that Jeff Fischer wants that pick back.


And now he's involved with this. Again.



Anyway, I'm just glad that the balance in the world is restored as the NBA did deliver with All Star weekend turning into a horror show in Vegas as just about anybody thought it would.


The Big Lead has a little more on this story - including some examples of LA gang activity. I particularly like the "MGM was South Central LA" comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're not shocked that these incidents occurred. The fan base of the NBA is a sterio typical class structure of these great united states. If you also think the NBA is the only league who has these issues I submit the NFL's own Bengels and the Ray Lewis' of the world. Provide immature idividuals with millions of dollars and this is the inevitable result.

That Guy said...

Anon, I was on record as saying i'd be shocked if somebody DIDN'T get shot this weekend.

I understand your point, but the NBA and Vegas - with proximity to LA....its just a recipe for disaster.