Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Roethilsberger on Roethlisberger: "I'm just extremely overrated."

In an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Ben Roethlisberger refused to say that injuries were the reason he had such a bad year last year.

"Coach Cowher always came to me and asked me how I felt, and I was always
100 percent honest with him. I was always honest with the doctors. Everybody
knows that Pittsburgh has some of the best doctors in the country -- look at my
face for instance," he told the Post-Gazette, referring to the injuries he
sustained in the motorcycle accident. "We have an unbelievable medical staff.
They cleared me and, if they gave me clearance, we never hushed anything."
"No, I don't think anything was rushed. I think I just didn't play well. I
had a bad year. I'm sure [Whisenhunt] had a bad year once in his career,"
Roethlisberger told the newspaper.
"I think that a lot of times, I got
caught being a little too confident and knowing the offense too well and trying
to force things a little too much," he told the Post-Gazette. "I wouldn't change
a thing. I learned from it, it's a learning experience, and you know what, it's
going to make me better."

I've been saying this since mid-season last year. When a Quarterback is playing behind stud Offensive Lineman and a running game that averages 5 ypc and he has to throw between 15 and 20 times a game anybody can put up good numbers.

Roethlisberger is like a bigger version of Joey Harrington. Only with a less-gay name.

No comments: